From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Hints on setting up mythweb?
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 03:20:07
1 On 2009-09-23, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > It's working now. :)
4 >
5 > Now all that's left to do is set up my Mac Mini "diskless"
6 > frontend [It's actually got a hard drive in it, but it's not
7 > used and will be spun down] and pulling some network cables. To
8 > get the frontend and backend any further apart you'd have to
9 > move one of them to a neighbors house, so the cable pulling is
10 > going to be a bit of work.
11 >
12 > It should start recording any second...
13 >
14 > And it failed. Mythbackend doesn't seem to know where to put
15 > the recorded files...
16
17 Bitten again by permissions. I forgot to set the ownership of
18 the /myth directory to be the mythtv user. I'm happily
19 recording after making sure that mythbackend could write to the
20 directory where I told it to store recordings.
21
22 I still need to hook up the second tuner in my HDHomerun. I
23 swear there must be at least a half-dozen 2-way RF splitters in
24 the house, but can I _find_ one when I need one....
27 Grant