From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Hints on setting up mythweb?
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 03:57:38
1 On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 8:19 PM, Grant Edwards
2 <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On 2009-09-23, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
4 <SNIP>
5 >>
6 >> And it failed.  Mythbackend doesn't seem to know where to put
7 >> the recorded files...
8 >
9 > Bitten again by permissions.  I forgot to set the ownership of
10 > the /myth directory to be the mythtv user.  I'm happily
11 > recording after making sure that mythbackend could write to the
12 > directory where I told it to store recordings.
13 >
14 > I still need to hook up the second tuner in my HDHomerun.  I
15 > swear there must be at least a half-dozen 2-way RF splitters in
16 > the house, but can I _find_ one when I need one....
19 I have my permissions on the video storage directory set to
20 mythtv:video IIRC. Ghat was straight out of the Gentoo Wiki stuff
21 somewhere. I got burned by it this week when my USB storage drive
22 failed and I had to replace it with an old 1394 drive.
23
24 - Mark