From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Simple to upgrade Linux distro
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 00:11:26
1 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 170719 Dale wrote:
3 >> This isn't a Gentoo question but most everyone here used something
4 >> before Gentoo. I need a simple to upgrade distro for someone else.
5 > I have Mint KDE & Mint Xfce installed to test things & show others :
6 > it's simple, fast & reliable in my limited experience.
7 > Mageia 6 has just come out, so why not install that ?
8 > -- Mandrake is what I used before I started using Gentoo in 2003.
11 She was on 5 and when I hit the wall, I went to 6. We went and ate
12 supper and let it go for a couple hours and it still wasn't done
13 upgrading. Still, same problem after it was done upgrading. Someone
14 else mentioned it being a bug for the older hardware and that could be
15 it. Could be that old video card isn't well supported or at all.
16
17 I'll keep Mint KDE in mind. I'm going to try to piece something
18 together but most of the stuff I have laying around is old or doesn't
19 work at all. Not good options really.
20
21 Thanks for the info.
22
23 Dale