From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT as it gets. Sorry] Windoze 7 and reinstalling error.
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 03:07:38
1 Mike Edenfield wrote:
2 >> From: Dale [mailto:rdalek1967@×××××.com]
3 >> Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 8:06 PM
6 >> Your reply made me think of something. I had a XP reinstall once that
7 >> required a number from MS because of the new mobo and hard drive. They
8 >> said it recognized the change in the serial numbers. When I ran into
9 >> that before tho, it installed fine but gave 30 days to put in the
10 >> number. Does winders 7 have something similar?
11 >
12 > Yes but that has nothing to do with your problem. If you change your
13 > hardware too much, it will deactivate your license, but you'll get a pretty
14 > clear error about that being the problem.
15 >
16 > I *think* you get a grace period after that to re-activate your system but
17 > it's been a while since I had that happen to me.
18 >
19 > --Mike
22 That is what XP did that time. This is the first time installing
23 anything newer than XP tho. I did notice the install process sort of
24 changed. I started to send a message to Gateway but it is out of
25 warranty. I don't know if they charge for help or not but I wouldn't be
26 surprised if they do.
27
28 Thanks for all the help. If anyone has other ideas, post away. I will
29 test them tomorrow.
30
31 Have I ever mentioned I hate winders? lol
32
33 Dale
34
39 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
40 how you interpreted my words!
41
42 Miss the compile output? Hint:
43 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"