From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] [OT as it gets. Sorry] Windoze 7 and reinstalling error.
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 02:32:59
1 > From: Dale [mailto:rdalek1967@×××××.com]
2 > Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 8:06 PM
5 > Your reply made me think of something. I had a XP reinstall once that
6 > required a number from MS because of the new mobo and hard drive. They
7 > said it recognized the change in the serial numbers. When I ran into
8 > that before tho, it installed fine but gave 30 days to put in the
9 > number. Does winders 7 have something similar?
10
11 Yes but that has nothing to do with your problem. If you change your
12 hardware too much, it will deactivate your license, but you'll get a pretty
13 clear error about that being the problem.
14
15 I *think* you get a grace period after that to re-activate your system but
16 it's been a while since I had that happen to me.
17
18 --Mike