From: Michael Kintzios <michaelkintzios@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] [OT] Kmail empty replies
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 21:58:38
1 -----Original Message-----
2 From: A. R. [mailto:feoymalo@×××××.com]
3 Sent: 01 February 2006 16:13
4 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Kmail empty replies
10 On 1/31/06, Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com> wrote:
11 A. R. wrote:
12 > > > I've been having some problems with kmail.
13 > > > When I reply to a message, the message is delivered blank:
14 > > > The original message and my response are both blank.
15
16 What exactly do you mean with "the message is delivered blank"?
17
18 If you configure KMail and set the Default send method as "Send
19 Later" (under Accounts > Sending), and you compose a message and
20 press Ctrl+Enter, is the message in the outbox blank?
21
22 And the original message becomes blank too? If you reply to a
23 message, the content of that original message disappears?
24
25 You are now using Gmail for sending messages, no? Please switch of
26 the additional HTML you are sending. And please don't top-post.
27 (http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/T/top-post.html)
28
29 Benno
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
35 Okay mate, no more top-posting...
36 Thanks, BTW for the link to the correct definition of top-posting :-) I
37 really did not know for sure what it meant. And, for what I have seen, a
38 lot of folks get really annoyed by the praactice...
39 As for the HTML, I could not find in the Gmail settings a way to turn
40 this off. The only thing that I changed that is remotely similar, was
41 the UTF-8 encoding (I turned on).
42
43 And, with regards to the Kmail issue, I found the following:
44 1. My replies, as they are stored in the "Sent" folder are not blank.
45 2. The people I have been replying to, and that have told me that I have
46 empty replies, use MS Outlook as their e-mail client... so to me, that
47 in itself could be an explanation of the problem :-)
48
49 Anyway, thanks for your help.
50
51 - AR
52 --
53 The absence of war does not mean peace.
54 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
55
56 There's a <Plain Text> / <Rich Formatting> selector above the body text
57 field on the Gmail gui. So you need to choose the format each time you
58 compose a message.
59
60 Some lists (not sure about this one) consider it an anathema to use
61 anything but ASCII encoding . . .
62 --
63 Regards,
64 Mick