From: "A. R." <feoymalo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Kmail empty replies
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 16:17:49
1 On 1/31/06, Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > A. R. wrote:
4 > > > > I've been having some problems with kmail.
5 > > > > When I reply to a message, the message is delivered blank:
6 > > > > The original message and my response are both blank.
7 >
8 > What exactly do you mean with "the message is delivered blank"?
9 >
10 > If you configure KMail and set the Default send method as "Send
11 > Later" (under Accounts > Sending), and you compose a message and
12 > press Ctrl+Enter, is the message in the outbox blank?
13 >
14 > And the original message becomes blank too? If you reply to a
15 > message, the content of that original message disappears?
16 >
17 > You are now using Gmail for sending messages, no? Please switch of
18 > the additional HTML you are sending. And please don't top-post.
19 > (http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/T/top-post.html)
20 >
21 > Benno
22 > --
23 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
26 Okay mate, no more top-posting...
27 Thanks, BTW for the link to the correct definition of top-posting :-) I
28 really did not know for sure what it meant. And, for what I have seen, a lot
29 of folks get really annoyed by the praactice...
30 As for the HTML, I could not find in the Gmail settings a way to turn this
31 off. The only thing that I changed that is remotely similar, was the UTF-8
32 encoding (I turned on).
33
34 And, with regards to the Kmail issue, I found the following:
35 1. My replies, as they are stored in the "Sent" folder are not blank.
36 2. The people I have been replying to, and that have told me that I have
37 empty replies, use MS Outlook as their e-mail client... so to me, that in
38 itself could be an explanation of the problem :-)
39
40 Anyway, thanks for your help.
41
42 - AR
43 --
44 The absence of war does not mean peace.