From: james <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo net0 - auto resetting - very impressed
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 19:47:54
1 <thelma <at> sys-concept.com> writes:
5 > Lately I've installed Fedora core on my old eeepc and I very impressed
6 > with the printer installation. Fedora automatically recognized my
7 > Brother HL-5730 printer and installed printer driver for it.
8
9 I have a brother J6710-DW printer that I have tried, unsuccessfully
10 in the past to set up on Gentoo. Brother is borked on Gentoo. Don't believe
11 me read the recent post from Patrick Lauer on planet.gentoo.org. Patrick
12 offer up a simplified way that he was able to get his brother printer
13 running via IPP and a postscript filter.
16 > I wish Gentoo would be able to do it as well some day.
17
18 Yea, I almost had mine working but I just got tired of hacking
19 away at it. It would be more straightforward to take an rpm or deb
20 package and use it. Folks have made specific models work, but, it
21 is a bit of work.
22
23 'eix -R brother' shows quite a few overlays (ebuilds) that cover
24 a range of brother printers, should you desire to hack that route.
27 hth,
28 James