From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo net0 - auto resetting - very impressed
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 19:53:39
1 On 09/15/2015 01:47 PM, james wrote:
2 > <thelma <at> sys-concept.com> writes:
6 >> Lately I've installed Fedora core on my old eeepc and I very impressed
7 >> with the printer installation. Fedora automatically recognized my
8 >> Brother HL-5730 printer and installed printer driver for it.
9 >
10 > I have a brother J6710-DW printer that I have tried, unsuccessfully
11 > in the past to set up on Gentoo. Brother is borked on Gentoo. Don't believe
12 > me read the recent post from Patrick Lauer on planet.gentoo.org. Patrick
13 > offer up a simplified way that he was able to get his brother printer
14 > running via IPP and a postscript filter.
17 >> I wish Gentoo would be able to do it as well some day.
18 >
19 > Yea, I almost had mine working but I just got tired of hacking
20 > away at it. It would be more straightforward to take an rpm or deb
21 > package and use it. Folks have made specific models work, but, it
22 > is a bit of work.
23 >
24 > 'eix -R brother' shows quite a few overlays (ebuilds) that cover
25 > a range of brother printers, should you desire to hack that route.
28 To install brother printer just follow these steps from Gentoo forum:
29 https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-909052-highlight-brother.html
32 Thelma