From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: no suEXEC logging on errors
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 00:22:57
1 Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de> writes:
2
3 Harry wrote:
4 >> If I do not define ScriptAlias at all then cgi works under
5 >> $public_html but cgi under $htdocs is just displayed as a file.
6
7 Hans-Werner answered:
8 > Sorry, my fault. A ScriptAlias alone isn't likely to work, if I read
9 > this correctly:
10 > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/howto/cgi.html
11 > Read starting at "CGI outside of ScriptAlias directories", it
12 > explicitly mentions the UserDir setting. And there are docs linked for
13 > using .htaccess files for configuring this.
14
15 A carefull reading of that cgi documentaion doesn't really deal with
16 what happens once you've set a ScriptAlias to /cgi-bin/
17
18 What I'm seeing is that once tha that happens any directory under
19 DocumentRoot has to have explicit Options ExecCGI it is not
20 recursive.
21
22 However, it is recursive at $public_html even though ScriptAlias is
23 set to localhost/cgi-bin/... I don't quite understand why it works
24 like that I guess. Although I can live with having to edit httpd.conf
25 anytime I add a directory under DocumentRoot that might need ExecCGI
26 it just appears inconsisitent.
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list