From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: no suEXEC logging on errors
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 19:51:01
1 Hi,
2
3 On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 13:32:17 -0500
4 reader@×××××××.com wrote:
5
6 > Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de> writes:
7 >
8 > > What you're experiencing seems to be just a missing ScriptAlias. RTFM
9 > > about calling CGIs...
10 >
11 > What I've found is that if I set ScriptAlias to
12 > /var/www/localhost/cgi-bin/ then it all works there but not at:
13 > USER/public_html. There a cgi is just displayed like a file.
14 >
15 > If I do not define ScriptAlias at all then cgi works under
16 > $public_html but cgi under $htdocs is just displayed as a file.
17
18 Sorry, my fault. A ScriptAlias alone isn't likely to work, if I read
19 this correctly:
20 http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/howto/cgi.html
21 Read starting at "CGI outside of ScriptAlias directories", it
22 explicitly mentions the UserDir setting. And there are docs linked for
23 using .htaccess files for configuring this.
24
25 -hwh
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list