From: fei huang <daniel.huangfei@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't emerge anything, wrong files downloaded
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 09:23:03
1 On Nov 10, 2007 4:47 PM, Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2
3 > fei huang wrote:
4 >
5 > <snip>
6 > tks for your reply.
7 >
8 > I've got enough space for the portage directory, and I think the point is
9 > why it downloaded a wrong file?
10 > while inspecting the output again, I suspect that the downloaded file is
11 > probably a web page!
14 > > >>> Downloading 'http://files.gentoo.org/distfiles/portage-2.1.3.19.patch.bz2
15 > > '
16 > > --15:47:01-- http://files.gentoo.org/distfiles/portage-2.1.3.19.patch.bz2
17 > >
18 > > => `/usr/portage/distfiles/portage-2.1.3.19.patch.bz2'
19 > > Resolving files.gentoo.org... 218.83.175.155
20 > > Connecting to files.gentoo.org|218.83.175.155|:80... connected.
21 > > HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
22 > > Length: 543 [text/html] <------
25 > I then rename it to be *.html and open it in web browser, the page shows:
26 > "wrong domain name", I tried to open
27 > "http://files.gento.org/distfiles/ " and got the same respond, however, my
28 > internet access is perfect, and it seems not possible that the site is
29 > down, now is this url valid? or just can't be accessed from my location,
30 > or just get down temporarily?
31 >
32 > please.. thanks a lot
36 > > Bye...
37 > >
38 > > Dirk
43 > Just a shot in the dark. Have you tried selecting different mirrors? If
44 > that doesn't help, could you try to download the file manually and copy it
45 > to distfiles? If the first one works then I guess the mirror you have
46 > selected has a problem or there is a problem between you and the mirror. If
47 > the first one doesn't work, maybe you have a problem with your network? If
48 > the second one doesn't work, then you have something local wrong somewhere.
52 yes, you are correct, wget is not smart enough or extra options should be
53 specified to reject the file with wrong content type, hehe.
56 > Hope that helps. Post back what happens.
59 it worked, but I think there are probably problems with "mirrorselect" or
60 with the mirrors, whether I select manually or by the program, the
61 connections are no good, does it just happen to me or anyone else is
62 suffering from it as well?.
63
64 tks again
65