From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't emerge anything, wrong files downloaded
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 08:59:03
1 fei huang wrote:
2 > <snip>
3 >
4 > tks for your reply.
5 >
6 > I've got enough space for the portage directory, and I think the point
7 > is why it downloaded a wrong file?
8 > while inspecting the output again, I suspect that the downloaded file
9 > is probably a web page!
12 > >>> Downloading
13 > 'http://files.gentoo.org/distfiles/portage-2.1.3.19.patch.bz2
14 > <http://files.gentoo.org/distfiles/portage-2.1.3.19.patch.bz2>'
15 > --15:47:01--
16 > http://files.gentoo.org/distfiles/portage-2.1.3.19.patch.bz2
17 > <http://files.gentoo.org/distfiles/portage-2.1.3.19.patch.bz2>
18 > => `/usr/portage/distfiles/portage-2.1.3.19.patch.bz2'
19 > Resolving files.gentoo.org... 218.83.175.155 <http://218.83.175.155>
20 > Connecting to files.gentoo.org|218.83.175.155|:80... connected.
21 > HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
22 > Length: 543 [text/html] <------
25 > I then rename it to be *.html and open it in web browser, the page
26 > shows: "wrong domain name", I tried to open
27 > "http://files.gento.org/distfiles/
28 > <http://files.gento.org/distfiles/>" and got the same respond,
29 > however, my internet access is perfect, and it seems not possible that
30 > the site is down, now is this url valid? or just can't be accessed
31 > from my location, or just get down temporarily?
32 >
33 > please.. thanks a lot
37 > Bye...
38 >
39 > Dirk
44 Just a shot in the dark. Have you tried selecting different mirrors?
45 If that doesn't help, could you try to download the file manually and
46 copy it to distfiles? If the first one works then I guess the mirror
47 you have selected has a problem or there is a problem between you and
48 the mirror. If the first one doesn't work, maybe you have a problem
49 with your network? If the second one doesn't work, then you have
50 something local wrong somewhere.
51
52 Hope that helps. Post back what happens.
53
54 Dale
55