From: fei huang <daniel.huangfei@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't emerge anything, wrong files downloaded
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 09:10:36
1 On Nov 10, 2007 4:47 PM, Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2
3 > fei huang wrote:
4 >
5 > <snip>
6 > tks for your reply.
7 >
8 > I've got enough space for the portage directory, and I think the point is
9 > why it downloaded a wrong file?
10 > while inspecting the output again, I suspect that the downloaded file is
11 > probably a web page!
14 > > >>> Downloading 'http://files.gentoo.org/distfiles/portage-2.1.3.19.patch.bz2
15 > > '
16 > > --15:47:01-- http://files.gentoo.org/distfiles/portage-2.1.3.19.patch.bz2
17 > >
18 > > => `/usr/portage/distfiles/portage-2.1.3.19.patch.bz2'
19 > > Resolving files.gentoo.org... 218.83.175.155
20 > > Connecting to files.gentoo.org|218.83.175.155|:80... connected.
21 > > HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
22 > > Length: 543 [text/html] <------
25 > I then rename it to be *.html and open it in web browser, the page shows:
26 > "wrong domain name", I tried to open
27 > "http://files.gento.org/distfiles/ " and got the same respond, however, my
28 > internet access is perfect, and it seems not possible that the site is
29 > down, now is this url valid? or just can't be accessed from my location,
30 > or just get down temporarily?
31 >
32 > please.. thanks a lot
36 > > Bye...
37 > >
38 > > Dirk
43 > Just a shot in the dark. Have you tried selecting different mirrors? If
44 > that doesn't help, could you try to download the file manually and copy it
45 > to distfiles? If the first one works then I guess the mirror you have
46 > selected has a problem or there is a problem between you and the mirror. If
47 > the first one doesn't work, maybe you have a problem with your network? If
48 > the second one doesn't work, then you have something local wrong somewhere.
51 > Hope that helps. Post back what happens.
52 >
53 > Dale
54 >
56 >