From: Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to wake up gdm
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 19:37:38
1 On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 11:51:40 -0400
2 covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
3
4 > Hi. If I don't log in to gdm after a few minutes gdm enters a mode
5 > where no keystroke seems to wake it up -- I did manage to move the
6 > mouse and wake it up, but is there a way to disable the feature
7 > (maybe its a screen saver or something), so it does not go to sleep?
8 >
9 > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
10
11 Are you sure that you need gdm at all?
12
13 The startx command from the console already after login there
14 works just fine.
15
16 The only thing you need is to put something like
17
18 export XDG_MENU_PREFIX=gnome-
19 exec gnome-session
20
21 into your ~/.xinitrc file.
22
23 Those lines was needed for my Gnome2.
24
25 Gnome3 may need something different.
26
27 But I do not care any more, as I migrated to xfce4. :)