From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to wake up gdm
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 20:42:27
1 Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 11:51:40 -0400
4 > covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
5 >
6 > > Hi. If I don't log in to gdm after a few minutes gdm enters a mode
7 > > where no keystroke seems to wake it up -- I did manage to move the
8 > > mouse and wake it up, but is there a way to disable the feature
9 > > (maybe its a screen saver or something), so it does not go to sleep?
10 > >
11 > > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
12 >
13 > Are you sure that you need gdm at all?
14 >
15 > The startx command from the console already after login there
16 > works just fine.
17 >
18 > The only thing you need is to put something like
19 >
20 > export XDG_MENU_PREFIX=gnome-
21 > exec gnome-session
22 >
23 > into your ~/.xinitrc file.
24 >
25 > Those lines was needed for my Gnome2.
26 >
27 > Gnome3 may need something different.
28 >
29 > But I do not care any more, as I migrated to xfce4. :)
33 I have tried that in the past, I may do that instead.
34
35 Thanks.
38 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
39 How do
40 you spend it?
41
42 John Covici