From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: maim screenshooting
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 18:23:33
1 On 2017-07-30 20:04, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2
3 > $ maim -i $(xdotool getactivewindow) ~/mypicture.jpg
4
5 [...]
6
7 > Giving this via commandline it always shoots the terminal window (I
8 > see no way to edit a commandline without activateing the terminal
9 > window).
10
11 Clearly the -i parameter is for the X11 window ID. You find the ID
12 separately (for example with xwininfo) and then use it on the command
13 line, instead of the xdotool incantation.
16 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
17 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
18 Do obvious transformation on domain to reply privately _only_ on Usenet.