From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] maim screenshooting
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 18:05:16
1 Hi,
2
3 I am shootin around the screen...experimenting...
4
5 From here:
6 https://github.com/naelstrof/maim
7
8 I found this:
9
10 "This is a basic, but useful command that simply screenshots the current active window.
11 $ maim -i $(xdotool getactivewindow) ~/mypicture.jpg
12 "
13
14 Giving this via commandline it always shoots the terminal window (I
15 see no way to edit a commandline without activateing the terminal
16 window).
17
18 Giving this as part of a menu definition (for example via openbox) it
19 will always shoot the window representing the window (or the desktop
20 background ... not shure aboyt this).
21
22 Since it is given from the author of maim I am shure I am obviously
23 wrong here.
24
25 For what such a command is good for?
26
27 Thanks a lot for any help in advance!
28 Cheers
29 Meino