From: behrouz khosravi <bz.khosravi@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unmasking qt5 and plasma 5
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 18:14:02
3 > I've been using it on my machine for a few months now actually. In the
4 > beginning there were tons of ups and downs as it got stabilized, but
5 > it's been pretty smooth lately.
6 >
7 > There are definitely some kinks that still need to be worked out, and
8 > there are only a couple k-applications that have been updated to work
9 > with the new frameworks (unless you're willing to go with the live
10 > ebuilds).
11 >
12 > I'd wait till plasma 5.2 is released, or at least in beta. I've heard
13 > that a lot of bugs will be ironed out then. Though if you're curious,
14 > it's completely usable right now, nothing is currently on fire on my
15 > computer!
18 I couldn't stop myself anymore! Right now I am trying to get Plasma 5 on my
19 machine.
20 This is not easy though. I just hope I wont break anything critical!