From: Ed Jabbour <ejbr@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Help I have b0rked my system :(
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 14:32:56
1 On Thursday 07 July 2005 02:40 am, Dave S wrote:
2
3 > >...what about xcompmanager (or whatever it's called)? Is that possibly
4 > >running?
5 > >
6 > >Holly
7 >
8 > You could be right, Im going out to work now but I tried changing
9 > 'nvidia' to 'nv' in xorg.conf and everyting returned to normal, I
10 > re-emerged nvidia-glx + nvidia-kernel, re-booted, re-tryed 'nvidia' and
11 > wierdness returned.
12 >
13 > Haven't got any more time but will look at it this evening ...
14
15 If you emerged the nvidia stuff, you got the newest versions. Do you have
16 the RIVA TNT2 by any chance? If so, portage now has 1.0.7664, which acc/to
17 NVidia is not compatible with the TNT2. I use 7174, which works fine. This
18 would explain why nv works, but nvidia doesn't, and also why your X used to
19 work, but doesn't now.
22 Ed Jabbour
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list