From: Dave S <gentoo@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Help I have b0rked my system :(
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 06:44:48
1 >I've gotta say, composite was the first thing I thought of as well-- and
2 >I've never even seen it in use, much less used it myself.
3 >
4 >But would changing xorg.conf help, if the xorg package was compiled with
5 >the +composite USE flag set (which is what I at least am wondering
6 >about, rather than whether it's activated in the config or not)?
7 >
8 >I don't know anything about the feature, really, but given that all your
9 >problems seem to involve sudden, extreme, and unwanted transparency, and
10 >that's what composite does (transparency)....
11 >
12 >...what about xcompmanager (or whatever it's called)? Is that possibly
13 >running?
14 >
15 >Holly
18 You could be right, Im going out to work now but I tried changing
19 'nvidia' to 'nv' in xorg.conf and everyting returned to normal, I
20 re-emerged nvidia-glx + nvidia-kernel, re-booted, re-tryed 'nvidia' and
21 wierdness returned.
22
23 Haven't got any more time but will look at it this evening ...
24
25 Cheers
26 Dave
27 --