From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Help I have b0rked my system :(
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 22:32:03
1 Dave S schreef:
2 > Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
5 >>Hi,
6 >>
7 >>you don't have composite activated, do you?
12 > I have looked in xorg.conf but cannot find any reference to it, just in
13 > case I swapped xorg.conf for an old copy, same problem :(
14 >
15 > Dave
16
17 I've gotta say, composite was the first thing I thought of as well-- and
18 I've never even seen it in use, much less used it myself.
19
20 But would changing xorg.conf help, if the xorg package was compiled with
21 the +composite USE flag set (which is what I at least am wondering
22 about, rather than whether it's activated in the config or not)?
23
24 I don't know anything about the feature, really, but given that all your
25 problems seem to involve sudden, extreme, and unwanted transparency, and
26 that's what composite does (transparency)....
27
28 ...what about xcompmanager (or whatever it's called)? Is that possibly
29 running?
30
31 Holly
32 --