From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE - Could not create a python scriptengine
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 16:42:28
1 On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 7:21 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 06:19:26 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >
4 >>    Looking at my emerge log it seem that PyQt4 was emerged yesterday.
5 >> I see other reports on the web of this problem some 2 years ago on
6 >> some platforms where PyQt was presumed to be involved. I've made no
7 >> use flag or package changes on this system.
8 >
9 > I had something similar recently that required re-emerging pykde4. at the
10 > time, that wouldn't compile until I added a patch
11 > to /etc/portage/patches/kde-base/pykde4-4.5.4 but the patch may be in
12 > the potage tree now.
15 > --
16 > Neil Bothwick
17
18 Thanks guys. That fixed it.
19
20 I suspect it was pykde4, but as there were only 3 dependencies on
21 PyQt4 I just emerged them all. It's a drag to log out more than once
22 as I had to shut down 4 Windows VMs to do it. I'm keeping this 6
23 core/12 thread machine quite busy these days.
24
25 Cheers,
26 Mark