From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] time for an emerge -e world?
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 21:44:58
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Sounds like the big guns approach, can be valid at times.
3 >
4 > I'm usually the first one to chip in about emerge -e world being stupid when
5 > someone reads the gcc upgrade guide, but sometimes you have a box that just
6 > will not fix itself despite hours of troubleshooting. In a case like this a
7 > full remerge often fixes mysterious but actual real problems.
11 Yep. This is what fixed my slow video problem. I tried everything I
12 could think of and what folks here could think of but that ended up
13 fixing the problem.
14
15 Weird but sometimes effective.
16