From: Michal 'vorner' Vaner <vorner@×××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OpenRC broke my LVM?
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:19:58
1 Hello
2
3 On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 12:14:02PM +0100, Matt Harrison wrote:
4 > Michal 'vorner' Vaner wrote:
5 >> Do I read correctly you have new version of LVM that needs baselayout 2,
6 >> but you have only baselayout 1?
7 >> (If so, then probably much of the parallel thread is solving completely
8 >> different problem)
9 >
10 > Problem is, I wasn't watching the emerge, so I'm not sure what did happen.
11 > It would appear that some package, probably LVM, has gotten out of sync
12 > with another critical package.
13 >
14 > I'm just not sure how to get things back in sync again
15
16 You could try booting the life CD, mount anything like it should and
17 chroot to the installation. Then you can check out versions of
18 baselayout and the LVM packages and the too now one downgrade (or
19 upgrade the too old one, but it probably means getting into
20 baselayout-2, if you want it).
21
22 I hope it helps.
25 Fragile. Do not turn umop ap1sdn!