From: Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OpenRC broke my LVM?
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:22:30
1 Michal 'vorner' Vaner wrote:
2 > Hello
3 >
4 > On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 12:14:02PM +0100, Matt Harrison wrote:
5 >> Michal 'vorner' Vaner wrote:
6 >>> Do I read correctly you have new version of LVM that needs baselayout 2,
7 >>> but you have only baselayout 1?
8 >>> (If so, then probably much of the parallel thread is solving completely
9 >>> different problem)
10 >> Problem is, I wasn't watching the emerge, so I'm not sure what did happen.
11 >> It would appear that some package, probably LVM, has gotten out of sync
12 >> with another critical package.
13 >>
14 >> I'm just not sure how to get things back in sync again
15 >
16 > You could try booting the life CD, mount anything like it should and
17 > chroot to the installation. Then you can check out versions of
18 > baselayout and the LVM packages and the too now one downgrade (or
19 > upgrade the too old one, but it probably means getting into
20 > baselayout-2, if you want it).
21 >
22 > I hope it helps.
25 Ok, I don't think I really want to deal with baselayout 2 unless i
26 really have to, does anyone know what version of LVM is safe to regress
27 to so I can get access to data again?
28
29 I will upgrade to baselayout 2 eventually, but I really have to have
30 this operational this week
31 --
32 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list