From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Quick check on net-print/hplip-3.14.10
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 22:34:33
1 On 18/09/2015 00:26, Mick wrote:
2 > On Thursday 17 Sep 2015 20:25:57 Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >> On 17/09/2015 19:36, Mick wrote:
4 >
5 >>> OK, I managed to get 10 minutes access to the offending box and I
6 >>> remerged hplip. Guess what? The 930c driver re-appeared on the list.
7 >>> So I am now doubly paranoid that the btrfs is playing up ...
8 >>
9 >> Or, someone deleted the ppd and the re-emerge put it back :-)
10 >
11 > Hmm ... now, who would that be, when I'm the only one with root access to this
12 > box? O_o
13 >
14 >> As the saying goes "never ascribe to malice what is adequately explained
15 >> by stupidity"
16 >
17 > Yeah, right, I don't have to answer that. :-p
21 When you said "I managed to get 10 minutes access to the offending box"
22 I figured it wasn't yours, that it had users, and you were the guy with
23 the problem of sorting it out, and you needed some pointy haired bosses'
24 permission to do it at all.
25
26 Seems that's not actually the case?
29 Alan McKinnon