From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Need help getting portage to email me emerge logs using ssmtp...
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 22:10:49
1 On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 15:29:44 -0500, Tanstaafl wrote:
2
3 > How do I tell portage to simply use the 'mail' command?
4
5 You don't, you tell it to use sendmail
6
7 From make.conf.example:
8
9 mailserver: smtp server that should be used to deliver the mail
10 (defaults to localhost) alternatively this can also be a the path to a
11 sendmail binary if you don't want to use smtp
12
13 Try PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="you@home /usr/sbin/sendmail"
14
15 This will use ssmtp's sendmail, which you already have working.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 This is the day for firm decisions! Or is it?