From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Need help getting portage to email me emerge logs using ssmtp...
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 20:32:07
1 On 2011-12-14 10:29 AM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > !!! A network error occurred while trying to send logmail:
3 > [Errno 111] Connection refused
4 > Sure you configured PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI correctly?
5 >
6 > and NOTHING in/var/log/messages...
7
8 Ok, so, I now have more info so hopefully some kind soul will take pity
9 on me and provide the clue-stick...
10
11 I can confirm that sending email from the commandline now works:
12
13 li66-207 ~ # echo "This is a test e-mail..." | mail -s "Test e-mail"
14 admin@××××××××.com
15 li66-207 ~ #
16
17 I received the email.
18
19 But, I'm still getting the same error as above when portage tries to
20 email me the emerge logs.
21
22 How do I tell portage to simply use the 'mail' command?