From: Christopher E <sensory.access@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mouse Question (Not working Wheel)
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 18:54:13
1 Hello and thank you all for your respone my mouse is not working to my
2 best of knowing :-)
3
4 Sincerely,
5 Christopher
6
7 On 5/2/06, Jeff <jmg_071769@×××××××.net> wrote:
8 > Hey Chris. This one often stumps even seasoned X dorks like myself.
9 >
10 > In your /etc/X11/xorg.conf, look for the 'Section "InputDevice"' stanza
11 > which describes your mouse, and add the following:
12 >
13 > Option "ZAxisMApping" "4 5"
14 >
15 > This will get your mouse wheel up and running, but you'll need to
16 > restart X by logging out of Gnome, and at gdm (or greeter of choice), do
17 > CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE and long back in.
18 >
19 > Should work for you!
20 >
21 > Slainte.
22 >
23 > :-)
24 >
25 > -Jeff
26 >
27 > Christopher E wrote:
28 > > Hello all,
29 > >
30 > > I am wondering what I need to do to get my wheel (scroll) to work
31 > > inside of gnome?
32 > >
33 > > In my xorg I have auto as the protocal, and for the location to
34 > > /dev/input/mice what else do I nned for geting my mouse wheel to work
35 > > inside of Gnome?
36 > >
37 > > Thanks for your help ahead of time!
38 > >
39 > > Sincerely,
40 > > Christopher
43 > --
44 > Han Solo:
45 > Well Princess, it looks like you managed to keep me
46 > here a while longer.
47 > Princess Leia:
48 > I had nothing to do with it. General Rieekan thinks
49 > it's dangerous for anyone to leave the system until
50 > they've activated the energy shield.
51 > Han Solo:
52 > That's a good story. I think you just can't bear to
53 > let a gorgeous guy like me out of your sight.
54 > Princess Leia:
55 > I don't know where you get you delusions, laser brain!
56 > Chewbacca laughs
57 > Han Solo:
58 > Laugh it up, fuzzball!
59 >