From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: ridiculously wide handbook pages
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 19:51:43
1 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > << SNIP >>
3 > Whatever's generating the HTML/CSS for the Gentoo manual web pages
4 > does know the difference, and should be able to do The Right
5 > Thing(tm). The manual HTML is definitely machine-generated, but I
6 > can't tell you by what at this point, so I can't offer a specific
7 > fix...
11 Maybe what needs to happen is this. Find the person that is "in the
12 know" on the Gentoo docs, give them a OLD 12" monitor to help do the
13 pages with. That way, they will certainly be able to see the issue and
14 maybe know how to make it work better. They can then also test it on
15 their normal monitor and if it is readable on both, it should work for
16 anyone pretty much regardless of what monitor size and resolution they use.
17
18 Not sure that is doable either tho.
19
20 Dale