From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE and HARD lock ups.
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 22:01:23
1 On 07/06/2011 01:11 AM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
4 > So I switched to -9999 nouveau and now I have endless shit with
5 > crashes. But I can tolerate that and not whinge.
6
7 Just today I tried the nouveau driver again after almost a year, and
8 found no change. The test was on my elderly machine with an ancient
9 GeForce FX 5200. I'm sure the nouveau devs lost interest in that chip
10 long ago, so no surprise.
11
12 When I run glxgears with the proprietary nvidia driver I get 3000 FPS.
13 With nouveau I get 54 FPS.
14
15 No, that's not a typo. The proprietary driver is 55 times faster than
16 nouveau.
17
18 What results are you seeing?