From: Danny YUE <sheepduke@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Booting from USB
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 12:21:53
1 On 2017-03-28 05:32, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On March 28, 2017 6:41:30 AM GMT+02:00, Danny YUE <sheepduke@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >>Not sure about mini-PC, but you may try another USB stick.
4 >>Seriously, Kingston is....I never succeeded with it.
5 >>
6 >>Danny
7 >>
8 >>On 2017-03-28 04:02, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
9 >>> On 03/27/2017 09:52 PM, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
10 >>>> On 03/27 09:46, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
11 >>>>> I just got some Mini-PC from China with Windows 10 on it and trying
12 >>to boot from USB to install Gentoo on it.
13 >>>>> But it will not boot from USB, I've tried front and back USB ports.
14 >>Windows start regardless what I do.
15 >>>>>
16 >>>>> Yes, I set in Bios 1st boot is USB. I've tried pressing F12. Tried
17 >>to follow some instruction from google:
18 >>>>>
19 >>https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/21756-boot-usb-drive-windows-10-pc.html
20 >>>>>
21 >>>>> Doesn't help.
22 >>>>>
23 >>>>> I used rufus to make bootable USB sticks (have two of them).
24 >>>>> --
25 >>>>> Thelma
26 >>>>>
27 >>>>
28 >>>> Hi,
29 >>>>
30 >>>> ...from my experience with SoC and such:
31 >>>> Some boards have a button on the board, which lets the board
32 >>>> boot from USB/sdcard while pressed...
33 >>>>
34 >>>> Only a shot in the dark...
35 >>>>
36 >>>> HTH!
37 >>>> Cheers
38 >>>> Meino
39 >>>
40 >>> I hope there is an easier option? I booted OK from USB my main server
41 >>> two months ago, but this Mini PC from China is different.
42 >
43 > Please stop top-posting.
44 > It is not accepted on this list.
45
46 Just curious: why is top-posting forbidden here?
47 I have never found any reference for that.
48
49 I would appreciate it if you could tell me something about that.
50
51 Danny