From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Booting from USB
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 14:05:20
1 Danny YUE wrote:
2 > On 2017-03-28 05:32, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
3 >> On March 28, 2017 6:41:30 AM GMT+02:00, Danny YUE <sheepduke@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>> Not sure about mini-PC, but you may try another USB stick.
5 >>> Seriously, Kingston is....I never succeeded with it.
6 >>>
7 >>> Danny
8 >>>
9 >>> On 2017-03-28 04:02, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
10 >>>> On 03/27/2017 09:52 PM, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
11 >>>>> On 03/27 09:46, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
12 >>>>>> I just got some Mini-PC from China with Windows 10 on it and trying
13 >>> to boot from USB to install Gentoo on it.
14 >>>>>> But it will not boot from USB, I've tried front and back USB ports.
15 >>> Windows start regardless what I do.
16 >>>>>> Yes, I set in Bios 1st boot is USB. I've tried pressing F12. Tried
17 >>> to follow some instruction from google:
18 >>> https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/21756-boot-usb-drive-windows-10-pc.html
19 >>>>>> Doesn't help.
20 >>>>>>
21 >>>>>> I used rufus to make bootable USB sticks (have two of them).
22 >>>>>> --
23 >>>>>> Thelma
24 >>>>>>
25 >>>>> Hi,
26 >>>>>
27 >>>>> ...from my experience with SoC and such:
28 >>>>> Some boards have a button on the board, which lets the board
29 >>>>> boot from USB/sdcard while pressed...
30 >>>>>
31 >>>>> Only a shot in the dark...
32 >>>>>
33 >>>>> HTH!
34 >>>>> Cheers
35 >>>>> Meino
36 >>>> I hope there is an easier option? I booted OK from USB my main server
37 >>>> two months ago, but this Mini PC from China is different.
38 >> Please stop top-posting.
39 >> It is not accepted on this list.
40 > Just curious: why is top-posting forbidden here?
41 > I have never found any reference for that.
42 >
43 > I would appreciate it if you could tell me something about that.
44 >
45 > Danny
49 Here is one but there are tons of others.
50
51 https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/mailing-list-faq/etiquette.html#idp55147880
54 Also, on this list, html is frowned upon as well. Plain text is
55 requested, although some devices may not have the option.
56
57 Dale
58