From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Booting from USB
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 15:08:05
1 On Tuesday 28 Mar 2017 09:05:04 Dale wrote:
2 > Danny YUE wrote:
3
4 > > Just curious: why is top-posting forbidden here?
5 > > I have never found any reference for that.
6 > >
7 > > I would appreciate it if you could tell me something about that.
8 > >
9 > > Danny
10 >
11 > Here is one but there are tons of others.
12 >
13 > https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/mailing-list-faq/etiquette.html#idp5
14 > 5147880
17 > Also, on this list, html is frowned upon as well. Plain text is
18 > requested, although some devices may not have the option.
19 >
20 > Dale
21 >
22 > :-) :-)
23
24 I thought the original joke went like this:
25
26 A. Top posters
27 Q. What's the most annoying thing on Usenet?
28
29 A: Because it upsets the logical flow of the thread.
30 Q: Why is top posting a bad idea?
33 Anyway, Gentoo users often ask multifaceted questions which require more than
34 a single answer. With top posting we would need to send many response emails
35 to respond with clarity to all points the OP may have raised. With inline
37 flow of the conversation is retained within a single response email.
40 Regards,
41 Mick