From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] spamassassin-3.2.1-r1 emerge failure
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 02:10:26
1 On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 9:19 AM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > For reasons discussed elsewhere, I've got to get serious about spam. But my
3 > first 3 attempts to emerge spamassassin have failed. (on x86).
4 >
5 > For one thing, there's a detection process near the beginning that is
6 > failing to detect Perl modules that are actually present, and from portage
7 > not CPAN.
8 > First it was Digest-SHA1. Re-emerging it fixed that, so maybe there was
9 > bitrot somewhere. But now it's doing the same thing with Mail::DKIM, but
10 > that's fortunately not a show-stopper like SHA1, but it's still worrisome.
11 >
12 > Now the show-stopper is some access violations that make no sense to me. It
13 > says it could not 'mkdir /usr/share/spamassassin', but I could do it
14 > from the command line (as root). Having done it, it still complained but
15 > proceeded to report an access violation on an attempt to 'chmod 0644
16 > something'.
17 > I could also do that one from the command-line. Grrrr.
18 >
19 > Has anyone seen this, and know of a workaround?
20
21 Use mail-filter/bogofilter? It uses bayesian techniques too, and I
22 *think* it's compatible with SpamAssassin (I use Evolution, and it
23 lets you choose among both of them).
24 --
25 Fred Allen - "Television is a medium because anything well done is rare."
26 --
27 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list