From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] spamassassin-3.2.1-r1 emerge failure
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2008 14:19:48
1 For reasons discussed elsewhere, I've got to get serious about spam. But my
2 first 3 attempts to emerge spamassassin have failed. (on x86).
3
4 For one thing, there's a detection process near the beginning that is
5 failing to detect Perl modules that are actually present, and from portage
6 not CPAN.
7 First it was Digest-SHA1. Re-emerging it fixed that, so maybe there was
8 bitrot somewhere. But now it's doing the same thing with Mail::DKIM, but
9 that's fortunately not a show-stopper like SHA1, but it's still worrisome.
10
11 Now the show-stopper is some access violations that make no sense to me. It
12 says it could not 'mkdir /usr/share/spamassassin', but I could do it
13 from the command line (as root). Having done it, it still complained but
14 proceeded to report an access violation on an attempt to 'chmod 0644
15 something'.
16 I could also do that one from the command-line. Grrrr.
17
18 Has anyone seen this, and know of a workaround?
21 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD