From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Beast / BSE
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2015 18:10:45
1 On 12/04/2015 10:30 PM, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 >
3 > What about installing libpng 1.2 manually in /usr/local (not using
4 > portage but good ole make/gcc).
5 > I think, /usr/local is made for this kind of stuff and it should
6 > not interfere with the rest of the gentoo world.
7 > And it can easily be fixed if it does interfere nevertheless.
8 > If libpng is the only thing...
9 >
10 > I will try that...but...one question:
11 > What do I need to patch/modifiy/crank in the configuration script
12 > of the beast to point it to /usr/local?
13
14 You don't need to, just point pkgconfig to the directory e.g.:
15
16 $ PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib64/pkgconfig ./configure
17
18 I don't think these will solve the declaration issues during the
19 compiling stage, however.
22 > Another interesting programs of this kind are:
23 > puredata (aka pd)
24 > chuck
25 > csound
26 >
27 > Have a nice weekend!
28 > Best regards,
29 > Meino
30 >
31 > PS: Some links to Zunaddsubfx resources...they give an overview
32 > (not more) since partly outdated:
33 > https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfhmN_gT2qqmgeVeqN0mdTfLjWBKLJwhK
34 > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjkLolNPsVE
35 > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSkO3NjHQ8c
36 > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gqAlCXt7DI
42 Thanks for the tips! Things got crazy busy again so I'll have to check
43 them out when I have time.
44
45 Dan