From: Emanuele Morozzi <emanuelemorozzi@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] GConf Error
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:46:49
1 Hello to everybody,
2
3 Since some day I get this error while starting Gnome:
4
5 > >GConf Error: Error contactiong the configuration server; it may be
6 > >necessary to enable necessario TCP/IP support for ORBit or there may be
7 > >an old NFS lock due to system crash. Please see
8 > >http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ (Detail - 1: Error converting IOR
9 > >"" referencing an object 2: Error converting IOR "" referencing an
10 > >object 2)
11 > >EGConf Error: Error contactiong the configuration server; it may be
12 > >necessary to enable necessario TCP/IP support for ORBit or there may be
13 > >an old NFS lock due to system crash.
14
15 Gnome doesn't start in a good way. I can see only the desktop, but
16 without any icons
17
18 Other info:
19
20 - I have tried to re-emerge everything in system and world but without
21 success.
22
23 - I have tried to log as root to try (I never do it).
24
25 - I have tried to look at http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/
26
27 - I think this is a permission problem
28
29 - KDE is working perfectly
30
31 Does anybody have some idea/suggestion/other_tries?
32
33 Thanks.
41 Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi e allegati da 10MB
42 http://mail.yahoo.it
45 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list