From: michael higgins <linux@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GConf Error
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:34:53
1 On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 18:40:06 +0100
2 Emanuele Morozzi <emanuelemorozzi@×××××.it> wrote:
3
4 > Hello to everybody,
5 >
6 > Since some day I get this error while starting Gnome:
7 >
8 > > >GConf Error: Error contactiong the configuration server; it may be
9 > > >necessary to enable necessario TCP/IP support for ORBit or there may be
10 > > >an old NFS lock due to system crash. Please see
11 > > >http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ (Detail - 1: Error converting IOR
12 > > >"" referencing an object 2: Error converting IOR "" referencing an
13 > > >object 2)
14 > > >EGConf Error: Error contactiong the configuration server; it may be
15 > > >necessary to enable necessario TCP/IP support for ORBit or there may be
16 > > >an old NFS lock due to system crash.
17 >
18 > Gnome doesn't start in a good way. I can see only the desktop, but
19 > without any icons
20 >
21 > Other info:
22 >
23 > - I have tried to re-emerge everything in system and world but without
24 > success.
25 >
26 > - I have tried to log as root to try (I never do it).
27 >
28 > - I have tried to look at http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/
29 >
30 > - I think this is a permission problem
31 >
32 > - KDE is working perfectly
33 >
34 > Does anybody have some idea/suggestion/other_tries?
35 >
36 > Thanks.
40 Did you remove the files in ~/.gnome*, etc? This usually fixed the issue for me.
41
42 HTH,
48 | |ichael | |iggins \^ /
49 michael.higgins[at]evolone[dot]org