From: Emanuele Morozzi <emanuelemorozzi@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GConf Error
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 17:26:07
1 michael higgins wrote:
2 > On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 18:40:06 +0100
3 > Emanuele Morozzi <emanuelemorozzi@×××××.it> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Hello to everybody,
6 >>
7 >> Since some day I get this error while starting Gnome:
8 >>
9 >>>> GConf Error: Error contactiong the configuration server; it may be
10 >>>> necessary to enable necessario TCP/IP support for ORBit or there may be
11 >>>> an old NFS lock due to system crash. Please see
12 >>>> http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ (Detail - 1: Error converting IOR
13 >>>> "" referencing an object 2: Error converting IOR "" referencing an
14 >>>> object 2)
15 >>>> EGConf Error: Error contactiong the configuration server; it may be
16 >>>> necessary to enable necessario TCP/IP support for ORBit or there may be
17 >>>> an old NFS lock due to system crash.
18 >> Gnome doesn't start in a good way. I can see only the desktop, but
19 >> without any icons
20 >>
21 >> Other info:
22 >>
23 >> - I have tried to re-emerge everything in system and world but without
24 >> success.
25 >>
26 >> - I have tried to log as root to try (I never do it).
27 >>
28 >> - I have tried to look at http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/
29 >>
30 >> - I think this is a permission problem
31 >>
32 >> - KDE is working perfectly
33 >>
34 >> Does anybody have some idea/suggestion/other_tries?
35 >>
36 >> Thanks.
40 > Did you remove the files in ~/.gnome*, etc? This usually fixed the issue for me.
41 >
42 > HTH,
46 I've just tried
50 Yahoo! Messenger with Voice: chiama da PC a telefono a tariffe esclusive
51 http://it.messenger.yahoo.com
54 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list