From: Fosco <fosco@××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo + wifi
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 15:14:28
1 On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 09:46:45 -0500, Matt Connell (Gmail) wrote:
2 >> +1 for Lineage here.
3 >>
4 >> I didn't recommend it to the OP because for a first-time Android user,
5 >> this might be jumping straight into the deep end of the pool.
6
7 Nigthly build for supported devices are fairly safe (from my experience).
8
9 But yes: you should account for a day working in OS installation and
10 tuning. That is far away from the ready to use phone you bought and that
11 only needs the sim card to fit in.
14 >> Also, depending on the circumstances, installing Lineage might void
15 >> your warranty. If going that route, then a used, warranty-less phone
16 >> from FleaBay might be a good option.
17
18 Furthermore devices from "SALES" are easier to find whitin the supported
19 list. The port of a new device can be painful.
20
21 I checked also in amazon wharehouse offerts
22
23 > Also, rooting a phone to install a different OS version can stop some
24 > apps from working, particularly any financial ones.
25 Maybe Magisk <https://magisk.me/> is not suitable for a firt-time
26 Android user as it can be mind mangling, but in the end it leds those
27 apps to run smoothly.