From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo + wifi
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 14:59:12
1 On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 09:46:45 -0500, Matt Connell (Gmail) wrote:
2
3 > +1 for Lineage here.
4 >
5 > I didn't recommend it to the OP because for a first-time Android user,
6 > this might be jumping straight into the deep end of the pool.
7 >
8 > Also, depending on the circumstances, installing Lineage might void
9 > your warranty. If going that route, then a used, warranty-less phone
10 > from FleaBay might be a good option.
11
12 Also, rooting a phone to install a different OS version can stop some
13 apps from working, particularly any financial ones.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 "Of course, I could switch back to Windows. At least there, if I have a
20 problem, I don't suffer under the illusion that I could ever fix it." -
21 Unknown (paraphrased)