From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nfs server problem
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 18:09:25
1 On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 08:54:30 -0230
2 Roger Mason <rmason@×××××××.ca> wrote:
3
4 > Hello,
5 >
6 > I installed a vanilla 2.6.20 kernel in order to (eventually) run
7 > kerrighed. The kernel boots fine but the nfs server won't start and I
8 > see this in the logs:
9 >
10 > Oct 3 07:34:40 lowalbite rpc.statd[103835]: Version 1.1.0 Starting
11 > Oct 3 07:34:41 lowalbite nfsd: last server has exited
12 > Oct 3 07:34:41 lowalbite nfsd: unexporting all filesystems
13 > Oct 3 07:34:41 lowalbite nfsd[103901]: nfssvc: Address already in use
14 >
15 > When I boot into gentoo 2.6.22 this problem goes away, so I assume
16 > there is some difference in kernel configuration. I have not been
17 > able to find what that is by comparing the NFS_* entries in the
18 > respective .congig files: they are identical.
19 >
20 > Can someone suggest how I might track this down?
21 >
22 > Thanks,
23 >
24 > Roger
27 It seems like there's two options: either you're trying to run 2 nfs
28 servers, or you're trying to run nfs threads that for some reason
29 conflict with each other.
30
31 anyway, the solution I suggest is checking the output of 'netstat -l -p
32 -n' to see whether anything really is listening on those ports. If
33 not, try using a quick script to keep reading the output of the
34 previous netstat command and checking consistantly to see whether
35 anything's listening on those ports while you restart nfs.
36 --
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list