From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge xfce-base/thunar: lobotomy needed
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 01:56:53
1 On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 8:26 PM, Chris Stankevitz
2 <chrisstankevitz@×××××.com> wrote:
3 [snip]
4
5 > I got farther this time, but it seems that emerge is still asking a lot of me.
6 >
7 > Eventhough I think it's odd (and a sign that I screwed up somewhere),
8 > I can satisfy the USE flag requests and the ~amd64 requests.
9 >
10 > I do not know how to solve the slot conflicts.
11
12 This is weird. xfce-base/thunar-1.4.0 (the only available version) is
13 stable; every one of its dependencies should be stable. You should not
14 require to keyword any package.
15
16 Can I see your USE variable in /etc/make.conf (or
17 /etc/portage/make.conf, if you use the new recommended location)?
18 Also, if you have it, your /etc/portage/package.use file or files?
19
20 I have an old server running without nothing X-related, and portage
21 allows me to merge thunar by just setting "X" and "gudev" to my USE
22 flags.
23
24 Also, your xfce-meta installation didn't pull thunar because you
25 didn't set the (surprise) thunar USE flag. Before merging something,
26 do a:
27
28 emerge -pv xfce-meta
29
30 You will see the possible USE flags, and which ones are set.
31
32 Regards.
33 --
34 Canek Peláez Valdés