From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Pasting jacked up for mnths now... like a bugger
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 14:40:35
1 On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 4:56 PM, Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Does anyone else notice a serious mess when copy/pasting to firefox.
3 > Some other places too.
4
5 With Firefox, I can only paste things that were copied after the
6 program was started. If I copy a link (say, from an e-mail) and then
7 open firefox to paste it, it won't work. However, if I copy or choose
8 that text from the history in Klipper once Firefox is running, then I
9 can paste it no problem... As far as I can remember, it has always
10 been this way with Firefox, Seamonkey, Thunderbird and their friends.
11 (I use KDE) I have not seen corruption like you're describing, though.
12
13 As far as copy/paste methods, I've always favored ctrl-insert to copy
14 and shift-insert to paste. :)
15
16 And back in my OS/2 days I think they had left-right click to copy and
17 right-left click to paste? Something like that. It was handy.