From: Michael Higgins <linux@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to switch laptop to usb keyboard
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 02:31:42
1 On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 11:42:53 -0600
2 Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Michael Higgins <linux@×××××××.org>
5 > wrote:
6 > > Hey, all --
7 > >
8 > > I picked up a logitech usb keyboard to use with my laptop. Plugged
9 > > it in and it works... almost. No number keys.
10 > >
11 > > How to I tell X to use this different device when I plug it in?
12 > >
13 > > Cheers,
14 >
15 > Using HAL and .fdi files you can set up rules for that device ID to
16 > treat it as a certain kind of keyboard. Search gentoo forums or google
17 > for some examples and more info about it.
20 Still no luck here, as this is new to me. Really, I'm lost on the process... figured it would just work, which it does, except that I don't have number keys... on either keyboard. So, why is *that*?
21
22 What should I be trying to do next?
23
24 Cheers,