From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Optional /usr merge in Gentoo
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 13:21:31
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 19 Aug 2013 20:12:30 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> I to have / on a traditional partition, ext4, and /boot on a small ext2
5 >> partition. Everything else is on LVM. I don't want a init thingy
6 >> either. I had nightmares with that thing when I used Mandrake years
7 >> ago. I can't recall the name of that thing that left me with no
8 >> keyboard/mouse but I still remember that init thingy. Dang, what was
9 >> that thing that did that? Anyway, as bad a taste as that other thing
10 >> left, the init thingy is even worse. I still remember the init thingy
11 >> 10 YEARS later. The other thing was a few years ago.
12 >
13 > Comparing a Mandrake generated initrd of 10 years ago with a current
14 > initramfs generated by Dracut is hardly relevant.
15 >
16 > And since no one else seems willing to mention the word;
17 >
18 > HAL HAL HAL HAL HAL HAL HAL :)
19 >
20 > It should be easy for you to remember, it sounds like HELL, in so many
21 > ways :)
25 Well, it gave me issues then and I couldn't boot. Even WITH dracut, if
26 the init thingy failed, I wouldn't have a clue how to fix the stupid
27 thing even today. Also, why use one when I don't need one? My plan,
28 stay away from it for as long as possible. When the day comes that I
29 have to have one, find something that installs faster. Crap, that
30 sounds like winders don't it?
31
32 Dale
33
37 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
38 how you interpreted my words!