From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Optional /usr merge in Gentoo
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 09:58:39
1 On Mon, 19 Aug 2013 20:12:30 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > I to have / on a traditional partition, ext4, and /boot on a small ext2
4 > partition. Everything else is on LVM. I don't want a init thingy
5 > either. I had nightmares with that thing when I used Mandrake years
6 > ago. I can't recall the name of that thing that left me with no
7 > keyboard/mouse but I still remember that init thingy. Dang, what was
8 > that thing that did that? Anyway, as bad a taste as that other thing
9 > left, the init thingy is even worse. I still remember the init thingy
10 > 10 YEARS later. The other thing was a few years ago.
11
12 Comparing a Mandrake generated initrd of 10 years ago with a current
13 initramfs generated by Dracut is hardly relevant.
14
15 And since no one else seems willing to mention the word;
16
17 HAL HAL HAL HAL HAL HAL HAL :)
18
19 It should be easy for you to remember, it sounds like HELL, in so many
20 ways :)
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 Too many clicks spoil the browse.