From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: LVM, /usr and really really bad thoughts.
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 16:39:16
1 On Mar 15, 2012 9:50 PM, "Michael Mol" <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 ---- >8 snip
6 > That's really not the reason for it. I mean, sure, I think the initial
7 > reactions were mostly grumpiness and misinformed outrage, but I don't
8 > think the contrariness really *baked* in until people got a twofer of
9 > "you're going to use udev unless you write the code to get around it"
10 > and "oh, you're writing the code? You're wasting your time and you're
11 > going to fail." That, I think, is when the real malaise set in.
14 This.
15
16 On hindsight, I do admit that after I woke up this morning, my emails are
17 perhaps too vitriolic. Blame it on a late night posting *just* before I go
18 to bed ;-)
19
20 But still, my emails indeed captured my emotions at the moment.
21
22 It's 23:38 here, and I'll quickly bow out if this thread, for now :-)
23
24 Rgds,